Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Blogosphere Update

For those of you who are only here for the economics, you can probably skip this post. Expect commentary on Dr. Carney in the near future, though.

Okay, after a couple of comments and a couple of (angrier) emails, let me clarify. I'm not suggesting I am the proprietary owner of whatever colour scheme Blogger calls this, nor that people should go change their own blogs, nor that my preferences are dominant in what is considered a good blog. We collectively write in order to satisfy our own tastes, otherwise we wouldn't be here in the first place. I can't recall that microeconomics ever passed judgement on people's utility functions, and people are free to write many things that do not mirror my preferences. Indeed, if there was an army of economics bloggers out there producing content I could not criticize, I would not be here. (There was no intent to offend, check the tags.)

I was, however, made aware that there are yet other blogs who share this (or a somewhat similar) colour scheme. Given the passion which has been displayed towards this set of colours by a number of people, perhaps a degree of self-organization might be called for? Maybe someone should think of a snappy shorthand for 'generally amateur economists who blog prolifically using green, orange, blue, and white colours.' Post it on your respective sidebars. Cultivate loyal followers. It's probably more productive than sending me more email.

POSTSCRIPT: A nice statscan paper released in today's Daily. I think I'm going to use it for my honours project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude I read your site but I don't understand much of what you say.

That's something given the fact I flunked Economics 3551 twice

But....

I really don't understand this whole color thing.

Blogger blows... move to wordpress or typepad.